The parameters of the Raspberry Pi Brothers are listed below.
| ||Raspberry Pi 1||Raspberry Pi 1+||Raspberry Pi 2
|model A||model B||model A+||model B+||model B
|SoC||Broadcom BCM2835, ARM11 Processor @ 700 MHz, Single Core||Broadcom BCM2836, ARM Cortex A7 Processor @ 1GHz, Quad Core
|Storage||SD Card Slot||MicroSD Card Slot||MicroSD Card Slot
|AV Out||HDMI and 3.5mm AV jack||HDMI||HDMI
|Connectivity||N/A||10/100 M Ethernet||N/A||10/100M Ethernet||10/100 M Ethernet
|Power Consumption||N/A||5V @ 700mA||N/A||5V @600mA||5V @1A
|Dimension||--||--||65 x 56 mm||85 x 56 mm||85 x 56 mm
I should firstly make it clear that this Raspberry Pi is NOT that raspberry pi which tastes delicious, it’s a COMPUTER!
What are the differences between Raspberry Pi and my desktop?
- The Raspberry Pi works much like a desktop,with it, you can type a document, play games, browse the web, send emails, slower but power saving.
- The Raspberry Pi is much cheaper than a desktop, $25 for model A, $35 for model B.
- The Raspberry Pi is credit-card sized, Raspberry Pi to desktop is what human to elephant.
- The Raspberry Pi is a single board computer without enclosure, while a desktop can be disassembled into several parts, CPU, mainboard, memory bank, etc.
- The Raspberry Pi has several GPIOs, with which it can sense and control the outer world, i.e. sense the temperature or light up a lamp.
- The Raspberry Pi brings you more than just fun, it teaches you how to program with Scratch, Python and more.
What can Raspberry Pi do?
It’s not what a Raspberry Pi can do, it’s what you can do! Two English guys sent their Pi to the space with a balloon, in return, the Pi sent back images of the space, cool! I will list several cool projects promoted by Pis below, you can read their stories by yourself.
- Raspberry Pi Sends Live Images from Near Space (Click here for whole story)
- Raspberry Pi Supercomputer in Southampton (Click here for whole story)
- Create a webserver with Raspberry Pi (Click here for the whole story)
- Raspberry Pi Media Center (Click here for the whole story)